June 8, 2010

Dubai!

 

I am finishing the tail-end of my 12 hour layover in Dubai. I didn't get to see much of the city because I arrived around 8 at night and left my hotel at 5:30 am (thanks grandma and grandpa Caro), but the airport is ridiculous. There is an entire city of stores in here and everything shines. I am sitting in the middle of a garden complete with waterfall and chirping birds that flit around. There is also an enormous water cascade next to the glass elevators and lime green lighting on a lot of the walls.

Interesting experience: As I got in line to take a taxi from the airport, I was directed to a line for a "Ladies' Sedan." This car had a pink roof and a female driver in a fabulous bright pink veil. We listened to "Like a Prayer" during our drive. Some things change and some things stay exactly the same.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment